Head lice are a common problem that usually affects school-aged children and middle-aged women. They get attached to the hair and never let it go. It doesn’t matter whether the hair is clean or dirty, head lice occur no matter what. Though head lice are a nuisance, people sometimes panic and end up doing the wrong things causing more trouble than it’s worth.

Here are a few things you should not do if you’re infected by lice:

● Don’t use hair dryers on hair after applying any scalp treatment, because some contain flammable ingredients. Sometimes a hair dryer could cause live lice to blow up into the air and spread.
● Don’t use a shampoo/conditioner combination before applying lice medication.
● Don’t wash your hair for 1 to 2 days after lice medication.
● Don’t use pest control sprays for lice, they are poisonous and are harmful. Head lice don’t survive long once they’re off a person. So, there is no need to panic and get the whole house sprayed.
● Don’t use more than one medication technique at a time. You should not change your medication in the middle of a treatment course.
● Don’t use chemicals and oils such as gasoline and kerosene on hair. These methods do not work and they are highly flammable.

Though lice are a common problem and easily attach themselves to people, remember that they are easy to cleanse. So, don’t do things that might backfire.