Most of you would find that usual topical creams don’t work well for some kind of acne. It is because there are cases when acne is caused due to the underlying hormonal conditions. These hormonal conditions include symptoms like irregular menstrual cycles, thinning of hair, excessive facial hair and weight gain.
Hormones are your body’s chemical messengers. They are powerful chemicals that travel around your bloodstream telling tissues and organs what to do and control many of your body’s major processes, including metabolism and reproduction.
So when you have a hormonal imbalance, it absolutely means that you have too much or too little of certain hormones. Even tiny changes can have serious effects throughout your body.
To make it easier for you, we have a list of symptoms indicating hormonal imbalances:
• Heavy or irregular periods, including missed periods, stopped periods or frequent periods
• Hirsutism, or excessive hair on the face, chin or other parts of the body
• Acne on the face, chest or upper back
• Thinning hair or hair loss
• Obesity or trouble losing weight
If you have any of the above symptoms, then you need to consult a dermatologist immediately. Do not consider acne just a blemish. It could be an indication of something serious.