For years, health and skin care companies have been searching for the magic potion that can delay aging of the skin and protect it from further damage. It looks like they have come close to it, all thanks to antioxidants for being the fountain of youth.
Antioxidants limit free radical production and protect your skin from damage. With daily use, they can help combat visible signs of aging, reduce sun spots, and calm inflammations of the skin. They also provide the skin with hydration and increase moisture retention, revitalizing dull-looking skin.
Benefits of antioxidants for your skin
– Antioxidants help you in correcting signs of aging. Oxidative stress breaks down collagen, hinders natural repair process of the skin and triggers inflammation. This results in fine lines, loose skin, wrinkles, acne breakouts and blotchy skin tone. By limiting the production of free radicals, antioxidants prevent and correct these visible signs, giving your skin a youthful glow.
– Antioxidants prevent sunburn. All antioxidants have anti-inflammatory properties, blocking your skin’s inflammatory response to the harmful rays of the sun. This prevents sunburn and provides enhanced protection against sun damage.
– Antioxidants repair your skin all by itself. Inflamed skin impedes the rejuvenation process of the skin. By reducing inflammation, antioxidants allow your skin to repair itself, correcting visible damage. Some antioxidants, like vitamin C, stimulate collagen production, which is vital for healthy skin.
– Antioxidants brighten skin tone. Free radicals and frequent sun exposure can trigger changes in skin’s melanin production, causing uneven skin tone and dark spots. By reducing photodamage, antioxidants prevent abnormal skin pigmentations.
– Antioxidants may help prevent skin cancer. Antioxidants, such as vitamins A, C and E, have anti-carcinogenic properties which in times may help prevent skin cancer.