Don’t you hate it when the weather is hot, humid, and muggy? Well, that is how the city is during the monsoon. During these months, it is essential to put in more effort to maintain your hair. Here are some tips for dealing with the excessive humidity:
1. Moisturize: Moisturize your hair regularly by conditioning your hair at least three times a week. Conditioning helps reduce frizz and smoothens your hair.
2. Cold Water: Use cold water to wash off your conditioner instead of hot water. Coldwater causes the cuticles to contract, thus maintaining the shine in your hair.
3. No Blow Drying: Blow drying your hair causes a loss of moisture, and you need all the moisture you can get! Allow hair to air-dry instead.
4. Oil: Oil your hair more using olive oil, coconut oil, or argan oil. Oiling your hair helps boost the moisture, and we all know how important moisturizing is!
5. Avoid damp hair: It is always fun to play in the rains, but you might be paving the way for hair fall. Stay dry, and always carry an umbrella.
6. Proteins: Don’t forget to eat protein-rich food like eggs, yogurt, fish, nuts, leafy vegetables, and legumes to strengthen and nourish your hair from within.
7. Not too tight: Avoid tying your hair up in tight ponytails or buns, especially when wet. This makes the hair brittle and more prone to breakage
8. Serum: Try using an anti-frizz serum or natural serum-like castor oil to tame those flyaway hairs. The serum also helps in strengthening and adds that extra shine!
9. Comb: This is something that you might already be familiar with. Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair – this helps in reducing the strain on the hair and prevents breakage and hair loss.
So what are you waiting for? Let your gorgeous locks do the talking for you this monsoon!