It is a common belief that people with oily skin are more prone to acne breakouts than those with dry skin. But in reality, acne has no considerations as such for the skin types.
Dry skin results in tightness and flaking thus making it look dull specifically on the cheeks and around the eyes. It may even lead to itching and redness of the skin. In some cases, the skin may even crack and bleed. Overexposure to the sun or cold dry air also results in dehydration of the skin.
The following tips can help you stay hydrated and avoid acne:
– Prefer moisturizer that suits your skin type helping you to seal your skin’s moisture.
– Drink plenty of water even in winter. Keeping the skin hydrated is essential irrespective of seasons. Foods such as Salmon, Walnuts, Flaxseed, Soybeans and Broccoli help in keeping your skin supple.
– Avoid over washing your face as it makes the skin even drier thus resulting in excess acne proliferation.
– Have your dermatologist prescribe you a soap/body wash that especially suits your skin type. It helps you keep your skin clean and clear.
– Sometimes acne breakouts can be a result of irritants. Thus keep a distance from substances that provoke acne on your skin.