Pollution leads to a number of skin disorders. UV rays, smoke and car exhausts have the ability to create free radicals. When these free radicals are emitted, they can easily attach to your skin when you are out and about walking to work, running errands or just enjoying a day outside.
The potential harm caused by these free radicals may be:
• Compromised moisture barrier
• Dry and dehydrated skin
• Dull skin tone
• Premature signs of skin ageing like wrinkles and fine lines
Let us now address pollution with the following tips.
1. Cleanse your face or skin at least twice a day with a gentle face wash based on your skin type. Make sure your skin is dirt free.
2. Use a good sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher before going outside to protect the skin from UV rays.
3. Wear makeup and go outside because of makeup prevents pollution from directly impacting the skin.
4. Always remove makeup as early as possible after coming back home.
5. Drink plenty of water and eat a lot of green vegetables, salads and fruits to detoxify the body.
Educate your friends and relatives about the effects of pollution. Be doubly careful while going out and follow the simple steps to keep your skin pollution free.