It’s no surprise that sleep is good for your health and is vital for your overall well-being. But here are some surprising benefits and tips on how sleep can help your skin!
We all love to sleep! It is a naturally recurring state of the mind and body and helps to restore, heal and also removes metabolic waste. Apart from these great benefits, Sleep is essential for you to have a glowing complexion and healthier skin.
These are just a few benefits of sleep that can help you achieve a clear and healthy skin:
1. A younger look: Sleep wont erase your wrinkles and fine lines, but it definitely would help slow down the ageing process
2. Lower levels of stress: A lot of skin problems do have a mind-body connection. Higher stress level can flare up your skin problems. Sleep and rest can reduce this stress.
3. Fewer lines and Dark circles: Sleep helps your body to hydrate and increase oxygen intake of the body, which helps to reduce the fine lines and wrinkles and gives your skin a healthy glow. A goodnight’s sleep helps to reduce baggy eyes.
4. Improved complexion: The increased blood flow during sleep, helps your skin to get a better complexion and.
Tips for a better quality sleep
- Wash your face: Removing the dirt, pollution and excess oils from your face before sleeping results in a calm and peaceful sleep.
- Hydrate: Drink water before you go to bed, and keep a bottle at your side at all times.
- Dim, scented room: A room that is lit minimally will ensure there is no strain on your eyes. Scented candles can help you relax and give a calming atmosphere.
- Heavy meal: Avoid a heavy dinner and try to give your body time to digest your food before you hit the sheets. The later you have your dinner, the harder it is for your body to digest and process the food.
- Say no to electronics: Keep away all your gadgets before you sleep. Phones and electronic devices affect your sleep pattern and will keep you awake longer without you realizing it.
Sleeping well and long can be difficult when you work long hours and you lead a busy life. But sleeping is one of the easiest things you can do to help your skin regain its natural sheen and improve overall health. Even an increase 2 to 3 hours of sleep a day will definitely show improvements on your overall health.