Photobloc is a broad spectrum sunscreen which gives maximum protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays with SPF 50+, thereby providing maximum sun protection. Photobloc is uniquely formulated Tinted sunscreen containing PA ++++ property that means it has a PPD ( Persistent Pigment Darkening ) rating of 16 or higher, enabling maximum protection from UVA rays – The causative factor for Melasma, therefore it is a Next Generation Melasma Sunscreen.
Be it chilling at a beach, taking a dip into the pool, working under the scorching sun or holidaying at the snowy alps, our skin has a hit with the ultraviolet radiation irrespective of the season. Our skin is in need of a broad spectrum sunscreen always.
Exposure to UV rays, causes DNA damage by altering it. Studies report that 90% of premature skin ageing is caused by UV rays.
UV rays are of 3 types,
UV A rays: radiation penetrates deep into the skin (dermis) and causes skin aging
UV B rays: radiation penetrates till the epidermal layer and is responsible for skin
UV C rays: radiation does not penetrate into earth (blocked by ozone layer)
Sunscreen comprise of 2 components:
Inorganic Chemicals: act as physical sun blocks and help in reflecting UV rays
Organic Chemicals: are able to absorb UV radiation and emit them out of the body in the form of heat
Tips for Sunscreen application:
1. Use a sunscreen each and every time you head out of the house.
2. Apply a thick layer of sunscreen 15-30 minutes before you leave your house.
3. Use sunscreen 2-3 times in a day.
4. Use full length clothes.
5. Do a thorough research about SPF (sun protection factor) and PA ++++ ratings.
6. Go for broad spectrum sunscreens always as it gives maximum protection against UVA rays.