- Apply Warm Water On The Pimple Surface – This is the most advisable remedy for curing heat boils in this scorching summer. Just dip a cloth in warm salted water and dab it on the boil for around 15 minutes, through the day. This will help in getting the pus out from your skin.
- Apply Neem leaves Paste – Boil neem leaves in water and then wait for few minutes and once it turns into a semi solid, apply the paste on the top of your boil to get rid of your pimples.
- Garlic and Onion Paste – Cut a slice of onion and wrap it around a cloth. Now, press this cloth on the boil for a few minutes to drain out the boil. Garlic is also highly recommended for boils and rashes. So you can also Prepare a garlic paste and apply it directly on the boils for a quick cure.
- Apply Tea Tree Oil Using A Cotton – Get instant relief from heat boils by dabbing a piece cotton dipped in Tea Tree Oil on the top of your pimple. It is a great antifungal and an antibacterial agent and helps in effective riddance of heat boils and pimples.
- Apply Turmeric and Milk Paste On Top Of Pimples – Turmeric and milk have high medicinal values and can be combined together in several ways and could be used to fight heat boils like:
- Applying turmeric and milk paste on the boil. You could also add vinegar to this mixture.
- Turmeric and rose water paste or turmeric and ginger paste is also a great home remedy for boils and pimples.
- Drink a warm glass of milk mixed with turmeric at least 2 or 3 times a day, to keep the boils away!
May 8, 2017
Eggs – Rich in iron and protein, eggs are a must for babies. Make sure you introduce egg whites in the growing stage. Scrambled eggs, boiled egg whites, omelets are all highly recommended. Don’t forget to feed them small portions of the same, according to their capacity.
Yogurt and Avocado – Yogurt and avocado are recommended for high calorie intake. Avocado is nutritious and rich in good fat.
Yogurt can be provided to 6 month old babies. High in calcium, non flavored yogurt is the most preferred. You could even consider making yogurt out of whole milk.
Butter – Lots of them might advise to avoid this fatty food, but feeding butter during growing stages is actually boosts calorie intake. Make sure you buy organic butter. You could also mix butter with cereals.
Beans – Cooking soaked beans or adding beans to other dishes like soup, is perfect for the baby. Beans and lentils are super rich in manganese, protein and iron.
Herbs – Herbs are great antioxidants agents and help prepare your child for intake of solids after turning one. Adding herbs to meat, avocado and vegetables is a great way to expose them to flavors. Remember not to mix too much chili into any food, for the baby.
April 10, 2017
Cleansing and moisturising
April 3, 2017
We have all heard never-ending theories and advice when it comes to cholesterol. Here is a simple guide to everything you need to know about cholesterol.
- It is a fatty acid like substance present in your body cells.
- Plays a major role in cardiovascular diseases, heat stroke, blood pressure an diabetes
- Cholesterol is vital for 3 elements – Hormones, food digestion and Vitamin D in the body
- Now though the body makes enough Cholesterol, a lot of it additionally enters our body due to our diet.
- Lipo proteins are the carriers responsible for Transporting Cholesterol through our body
- There are essentially two types of lip proteins – Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and High-density lipoprotein (HDL)
Since the two make up your cholesterol count, here is what you must know about LDL and HDL
- LDL is bad cholesterol and HDL is good cholesterol
- While LDL is responsible for blocks in the arteries and heart strokes, HDL helps remove bad cholesterol from the arteries
Note: Your LDL level should never be more than 190. A high LDL level makes you more prone to heart diseases.
- At the same time your HDL level should always be high – means lesser risk of heart attacks and helps carrying LDL to the liver, where it’s broken down.
Now, let’s move on to healthy lifestyle changes you need to implement right away, to control cholesterol levels.
- Avoid food that is high in saturated fat i.e food from animals like mean, egg yolks, milk, butter etc.
- Trans fat also should not be part of your diet, i.e. fried food items like chips, crackers and even cookies
- Your health will automatically improve with intake of nuts, fish, fruits, oats, lentils and vegetables. All these keep LDL levels low and helps in cardiovascular conditions.
Exercising regularly is an indicator of better cholesterol levels and you also fight over-weight issues which usually cause lower HDL levels.
- You are likely to develop cholesterol, if it runs in the family.
- Kidney and liver disease might also contribute to cholesterol levels
- After the age of 20, Cholesterol levels automatically rise.
- Check your blood pressure regularly
Did you know? ‘Cholesterol-free’ labelled foods do not mean they have less of it or they have removed it, they are basically made up of plant based food that contain no cholesterol at all.
March 23, 2017
Your beautician, friends, family, colleagues, almost everyone you know would have offered you these hair tips and tricks at some point in your life. It is time to debunk all those and keep it simple.
Shinier hair with a cold rinse
Did you know? Hair doesn’t really react to water temperature. So, a cold or hot rinse isn’t the key for shinier hair. Conditioner is the tip to shinier hair.
Frequent trimming for growth
Here’s the truth guys, regular trimming does not help in hair growth. It sure does keep the ends healthier and cuts off split ends, but has nothing to do with length. The growth is happening from the scalp and the root. So, growth irrespective of trimming, doesn’t alter. Trimming once in 3 months is more than enough, that too not for faster growth, remember!
Products stop suiting hair texture
We think beyond a point, certain products stop suiting our hair. Now this is the myth we need to debunk. So, if weather conditions, hormones and habits change, that’s when your shampoo starts working in different ways. Also, straightening, coloring, makeovers or other changes to length and texture is the reason products give varied results. Switching brands is not the key, maintaining the texture by avoiding heat and other changes around is.
Hair dyeing can cause damage
Don’t worry about coloring your hair, especially if hair is not healthy or damaged. Dyeing doesn’t tamper health of the hair. Remember, the hair in the scalp is always newer than damaged ends, so coloring doesn’t cause further damage.
Brush your hair when wet
Firstly, excessive brushing is not recommended at all. Secondly, brushing while hair is still wet can cause the most damage. It is better to detangle hair with your fingers. Brushing your hair will easily cause breakage. Most importantly, avoid brushes with sharp edges and use more wide-toothed combs.