September 24, 2018
You might have been looking for acne cure for a long time now and yet hit a wall? To start with, the problem may not be with the product that you use but is the underlying hormonal condition. An abnormal production of ‘androgen’ in female could be the main cause in some cases.
They essentially comprise estrogen and progestin due to which some people might experience mild side effects such as nausea, headaches or weight change
Acne may be controlled with the use of contraceptive pills but due to underlying hormonal issues, these pills can have haunting drawbacks. Here are the risks of taking birth
control pills for acne:
• Increased risk of cervical and breast cancers
• Higher blood pressure
• Gallbladder disease
• Benign liver tumors
• stomach cramps
• weight gain
• weight loss
• changes in your period
Serious side effects of birth control include deep vein thrombosis, heart attack, and stroke. Those who are older than 35 and have risk factors of getting cardiovascular disease, are at a higher risk of these severe effects.
Oral contraceptives contain a few ingredients, which can alter the levels and activity of hormones in humans that can trigger severe acne. Do consult your dermatologist for a personalized care.
- Apply Warm Water On The Pimple Surface – This is the most advisable remedy for curing heat boils in this scorching summer. Just dip a cloth in warm salted water and dab it on the boil for around 15 minutes, through the day. This will help in getting the pus out from your skin.
- Apply Neem leaves Paste – Boil neem leaves in water and then wait for few minutes and once it turns into a semi solid, apply the paste on the top of your boil to get rid of your pimples.
- Garlic and Onion Paste – Cut a slice of onion and wrap it around a cloth. Now, press this cloth on the boil for a few minutes to drain out the boil. Garlic is also highly recommended for boils and rashes. So you can also Prepare a garlic paste and apply it directly on the boils for a quick cure.
- Apply Tea Tree Oil Using A Cotton – Get instant relief from heat boils by dabbing a piece cotton dipped in Tea Tree Oil on the top of your pimple. It is a great antifungal and an antibacterial agent and helps in effective riddance of heat boils and pimples.
- Apply Turmeric and Milk Paste On Top Of Pimples – Turmeric and milk have high medicinal values and can be combined together in several ways and could be used to fight heat boils like:
- Applying turmeric and milk paste on the boil. You could also add vinegar to this mixture.
- Turmeric and rose water paste or turmeric and ginger paste is also a great home remedy for boils and pimples.
- Drink a warm glass of milk mixed with turmeric at least 2 or 3 times a day, to keep the boils away!
April 24, 2017
– UV rays are the strongest between the peak hours i.e 10 AM to 4 AM, so avoid stepping out during this duration.
– Your clothing is very important. During summer wear light weight fabrics, loose pants, full sleeves with dark colors to avoid a tan. Stick to colors which has a high Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF). Wondering how to identify the UPF? Usually, a lot of brands have UPF number on the label. So make sure that it is 30 and above.
– Sunscreen is a must. It is the best and easiest way to avoid a tan. Use sunscreen every day, especially 30 minutes before stepping out. If your outdoor activity is high, make sure you apply the sunscreen every 2 hours. Sunscreens with broad spectrum, UVA protection and SPF that is 15 or higher is ideal.
– Rejuvenate your skin with moisturizers and baby oils. These two are a must to avoid tanning in the summer. While baby oil helps with dead skin, moisturizing helps in removal of tan.
– Some of the best home remedies for tan removal are – Turmeric powder, Curd, Lemon juice and Sandalwood. Applying these on your skin is a great way to get rid of summer tan. While turmeric powder could be mixed with curd and honey, a paste of sandalwood, coconut and almond oil could give you some amazing results.
– Hats and sunglasses are your go-to essentials to avoid tanning. Wide hats and sunglasses with 100% UV protection are the most recommendable.
March 27, 2017
The good news is avoiding fatigue and tiredness is not really rocket science. Here are some things to avoid and simple changes you should be making to your diet right now.
Choose your carbohydrate intake carefully. Avoid sweets, drinks with high sugar content, to prevent high sugar levels and ultimately keep away fatigue. However, the carb rich foods you must choose are milk, oatmeal, soy, apricots etc. These are usually low-glycemic.
The most simple and basic must on the list. At least 10 cups of water must be consumed every day, to reduce dehydration and keep tiredness away. A tip to remember about liquids – cut down on caffeine. Do not consume more than 300 mg and keep drowsiness away.
Fruits & Vegetables
Orange, Bananas, Apple, Pears and vitamin reach food should be a part of your diet. Also, cooked vegetables and salads are great!
Never skip breakfast. Your breakfast should always be protein rich. Consumption of cereals, smoothies, oat meals, whole-grain rich food, yogurt etc is the best way to start your day.
Low meat, especially missing red meat in your diet might be the reason you are tired! Always include steaks in your diet. Also, protein rich and fatty foods like fish, turkey, eggs, pork and bacon must be on the list. For the vegetarians, there is always tofu and nuts to keep you energetic.
Snacking and eating at regular intervals is compulsory. Don’t let your calorie intake drop by skipping meals. Three meals a day and snacking with lentil soup, nuts, avocado, berries and other fiber rich fruits and vegetables is the way to go!
February 23, 2017
Everyone loves to have their 8 hours of beauty and healthy sleep but rare is it to get someone sleeping for 8 hours!
For the few lucky ones who sleep like a baby, research has proven that what they eat at night before sleep makes all the difference. Yes, there is a connection between food and sleep and there is proven research to substantiate the same.
Let us now take a look at what to eat to get a good night of sleep:
A diet rich in fiber and non-fiber carbs can help you sleep better. A few vegetables like cauliflower,broccoli, cabbage, peas, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta and a host of fiber rich food and fruits available in the market will ensure you healthy sleep and also digest the food overnight for a trouble morning.
Incidentally, warm milk and crackers ensure a good night sleep too.
Now one may ask – Why boring fiber?
Fiber is one essential need for the body that surprisingly never digests in any form but yet helps in lowering cholesterol, blood glucose to a trouble-free morning toilet!
What to avoid for a good night’s sleep
Sugar in any form should be avoided. Its good to have fruits such as bananas and cherries but bad to have them before sleeping. Bananas have 19 grams of sugar and cherries have 18 grams which can definitely keep you awake for a longer period of time. Have these rich sugar diet foods in the day time so that your body can release energy over a breakfast or a lunch.
Others that may keep you wide awake are fatty high-protein snacks, burgers, fries, alcohol, cola, coffee and a whole lot more.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, Americans aged between 18-64 consume three 12 ounce caffeinated beverages on a weekday. Now, that is a whole lot of energy to burn I would say!
Post your comments to have a trouble-free healthy sleep and a good morning!