August 2, 2018
Cradle Cap is definitely not the wearable type but it is the common name for seborrheic dermatitis. We know that these terms are probably those you won’t come across every day. Hence, allow us to elaborate.
Seborrhea is the over – activity of the sebaceous glands. The small glands that secrete a lubricating oily matter. This excessive secretion results in the skin becoming red, swollen and sore. In other words, cradle cap is yellow, greasy skin that may form discoloured, scaly and crusty patches or to make it, even more, clearer, it is baby dandruff.
Now, don’t go all out looking for shampoos and conditioners because the simple answer is “It is harmless.” Cradle Cap is just the result of your baby’s body adjusting to its new environment. That doesn’t mean you should just disregard cradle cap completely. Your baby’s body will usually work through the problem and stabilize itself on its own.
Apart from that, we’ve got some good news for you. Cradle Cap is neither painful nor contagious. This means that most of the time, your baby isn’t feeling any pain as a result of cradle cap. However, in severe cases, cradle cap may cause serious discomfort. If your little one’s skin seems inflamed or infected, see a paediatrician right away.
At the low end of the scale, it may manifest as slight redness and flaky skin as in the above figure. At the other end of the scale, the skin condition can result in extreme redness and look like a literal cap on the top of the head as given in the below picture.
They can also appear on other parts of the body as well.
To prevent and treat this skin condition, check out the following steps.
1) Wash your baby’s hair and scalp with a sulphate free baby shampoo.
2) Brush your baby’s scalp with a Soft Brush.
3) Apply baby oil before brushing.
4) Remember that cradle cap is the manifestation of an imbalance inside your baby’s body. You can treat the symptoms (the flaky skin), but it may take a while for the condition to completely disappear.
5) If your baby’s cradle cap doesn’t seem to be getting any better or if it looks infected, visit your doctor or paediatrician.
By following a few simple steps, such as shampooing daily and brushing your baby’s scalp with a soft brush, your baby’s cradle cap will soon disappear.
May 15, 2017
- For teething babies, the easiest hack would be apple sauce cloths. Put apple sauce in a cloth, role it and freeze it. Now this cloth can be given to all those teething babies.
- For Toddlers who are fussy eaters, adding sprinkles to any sort of food item, is the best way to feed them.
- To feed medicine to babies, simply clip the dropper to the pacifier. This way, giving them the antibiotics becomes a whole lot easier. Also, giving babies pacifiers after freezing them in breast milk is a brilliant hack for teething!
- Now, most parents forget that they need not open their child’s diaper to check for poop. Instead, what you could do is, simply check the color line. If the color line outside the diaper is blue, your child has peed or pooped.
- Baking soda is the classic hack. For cleaning baby bottles and for stinky furniture caused by baby poop or puke, Baking soda is the way to go.