October 23, 2017
When we think about Vitamin A, Carrot is the first food that strikes our mind. Carrots are more beneficial for skin because they contain more amount of vitamin A in it.
- Carrot juice can be the best medicine for scars in the skin.
- As vitamin A are antioxidants and reduce the signs of aging, carrot acts as an anti-aging product.
- Carrots are loaded with potassium and so this vitamin A rich food can help in dehydrating the dry skin.
2) Fish Liver (Cod Liver Oil):
Vitamin A is enormously present in the liver of fish. The cod liver oil can be the best product for skin treatments.
- It helps you to get rid of acne and pimple problems.
- It also removes the acne scar completely.
- It is good for dry skin and itchy skin.
As a Vitamin A rich food and a best astringent, tomatoes are good for a healthy and glowing skin.
- Tomato when applied in face regularly, removes the acne scars.
- They are also a good medicine for oily skin and keep the skin shining.
- Applying tomato juice helps to cure open pores and summer tans.
We all know that the seafood fish id rich in vitamin A. It is also a food product good for skin which many of us do not know.
- Fish can fight wrinkles
- It can also reduce the chances of certain types of skin cancer.
5) Dairy Products:
Women will definitely be aware of the Vitamin A rich dairy products and their influence on skin. It is always preferred as an easy home remedy for skin care.
- Milk, Yogurt, Cheese – these are highly rich in vitamin A and when they are applied to the skin, the result will be amazing such as glowing and shining skin.
- They are also preferred for all types of skin problems.
October 16, 2017
You try a lot of products to enhance your external appearance. Be it some product over the counter or natural homemade remedies, you continuously experiment different tricks for glowing skin.
So, here are we with a new substitute which with its antioxidant capabilities boosts skin nourishment. Spirulina is the dark green algae; we would like you to give it a try. Not only for skin but it is also beneficial for the body. It boosts our immune system and helps remove harmful toxins from our body.
What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is the dark green algae that grow over the surface of the river or ponds. This natural green leafy thing is rich in protein and appears to be the best source of antioxidants, B-vitamins, and other nutrients when processed properly.
What’s more! You can consume it with water or sprinkle over the food like pepper.
Why should you include this in your diet?
The best way to use these algae is to make a paste (with water) and apply it on the face. Its application will soothe your skin and remove the dead cells. It is available in the form of powder, tablet, and flakes. So, you can choose the way you want to use it.
Benefits of Spirulina:
- Reduces dark circles
- Fights inflammation
- Detoxes the body
- Fights acne with its antibacterial properties
- Anti-aging effects
- Helps the skin retain moisture
- Encourages cell turnover
October 9, 2017
Snake Venom Beauty Product:
I know this sounds a little odd, but our favorite celebrity, Gwyneth Paltrow is quite the daring diva who applies snake venom for her skin nourishment. Scientists have found a way to convert the deadly venom into a friendly product which acts like a Botox and stuns the muscle. It seems Gwyneth is a fan of this treatment.
Even my eyes opened wide when I saw this process for rejuvenating the skin cells. Kim Kardashian posted a picture with her face covered in blood that went viral on the internet. Questions were raised. The weirdness of this treatment lies in the fact that infusing blood in the face soars up the platelets count which in turn reduces wrinkles. Substantial trials haven’t yet been done for this so-called Vampire Facial, but our role models leave no stone unturned in age reversal.
Skin care products with Earthworm poop:
As the list goes down, it becomes even more disgusting. There are certain skin care products which contain earthworm poop which is seen as an essential element by skin care manufacturers. The excreted material contains Collagen which helps the skin to remain tight and supple.
Another facial treatment that has poop.This time, it’s not of an earthworm but of a bird – Nightingale. The excreted material is mixed with other stuff like bran and then the combined mixture is applied on the face. Geisha Facial method originated in Japan, but famous star Victoria Beckham regularly uses this product for her skin.
Popular Hollywood star Demi Moore is known to use Snail Facial for her skin. Snails excrete slime which contains antioxidant ingredients. It fights aging and keeps the skin smooth and wrinkle-free.
September 25, 2017
Often we see people with light and dark skin patches yet we know nothing of it. Albinism is genetically inherited skin abnormality which is caused due to the body’s inability to produce melanin- a substance needed for pigmentation.
Not only skin, but the hairs also lose its color due to this skin disorder. It is also associated with vision problems. According to the National Organization for Albinism and Hypopigmentation, about 1 in 18,000 to 20,000 people in the United States suffer from albinism.
It broke my heart when I read online that people with Albinism in Africa are hunted down for their body parts. They are forced to live in exile. Due to false superstitions, they are dragged out of their houses and killed. Toddlers are snatched from impoverished single mothers or while walking to school.
As I dug deeper, I found even worse information about the superstitions. People in Tanzania kill even their loved ones with albinism and sell their parts. People pay $3,000-$4,000 for a limb or $75,000-£50,000 for the full body as they believe that their body parts will bring luck and more wealth.
While some see this as a very absurd and disturbing disorder, one girl from Denver became an internet sensation when her mother shared her pictures online. Louise Mcmorris’s video became viral when she was just 6 months old and people from all over the world embraced her as a special child.
She was born with no pigmentation and had a very poor sight.
This is Louise Mcmorris at 3 and she looks stunning.
I can't believe in one week my precious daughter will be starting preschool. Yes, it's just preschool, but it's like the "beginning of the end"… you moms know what I'm referring to, right?! She's been by my side (literally🙄) since she was born. Will be an adjustment but one that we're both ready for. I think😥 #mommasgirl . . . . #albinismisbeautiful #albinismawareness #albinism #albino #kids #kidsootd #kidsfashion #kidsofinstagram #model #momlife #modelkids #mommyandme #cute #sun #sad #tearjerker #school #preschool #biggirl #proud #pretty #precious
September 18, 2017
Have you ever watched the rising sun or gazed it transcending into the darkness? I guess most of you do this every day in your life. But Riley McCoy isn’t allowed, not at least without any protection sheets!
Riley McCoy aged 17 waits all day to enjoy her time out of the window glasses because of a rare inherited disorder which is known as Xeroderma Pigmentosum. In this peculiar disease, any exposure to UV rays causes a blistering burn, potential malignant cancer, internal organ damage and eventually death. Cyclobutane dimmers and 6-4 photoproducts are the causal factors for the above-listed problems. As her DNA lacks the antigen to repair the skin damages, she becomes a prey for the rays.
So, what is Xeroderma pigmentosum?
- Xeroderma pigmentosum (XP) is a rare form of disease in which the individual falls prey to Ultraviolet rays from the sun due to the inability to repair the damaged skin.
- Any slight exposure to sunlight is forbidden.
- If the person has to move out of the house, he/she has to wear protective sheets in order to cover up the naked parts.
- Individuals with this disease are often colloquially referred as “Moon child“.
- Corneal ulcerations, dry skin, spider veins, solar keratoses are some of the symptoms indicating the absence of immunity level.
Facts about Xeroderma pigmentosum:
- In general, 1 in 250,000 people get affected by XP.
- The gene frequency for XP is 1:200.
- This genetic disorder is more common in the Middle East and Japan.
- Till now, no cure or medications are available to fight this disorder. The standard treatment protocol includes avoiding sun exposure and protection sheets if it’s necessary to go out.
- Every 3 months, the patient has to visit the dermatologist and to have eye checkup.