October 16, 2017
You try a lot of products to enhance your external appearance. Be it some product over the counter or natural homemade remedies, you continuously experiment different tricks for glowing skin.
So, here are we with a new substitute which with its antioxidant capabilities boosts skin nourishment. Spirulina is the dark green algae; we would like you to give it a try. Not only for skin but it is also beneficial for the body. It boosts our immune system and helps remove harmful toxins from our body.
What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is the dark green algae that grow over the surface of the river or ponds. This natural green leafy thing is rich in protein and appears to be the best source of antioxidants, B-vitamins, and other nutrients when processed properly.
What’s more! You can consume it with water or sprinkle over the food like pepper.
Why should you include this in your diet?
The best way to use these algae is to make a paste (with water) and apply it on the face. Its application will soothe your skin and remove the dead cells. It is available in the form of powder, tablet, and flakes. So, you can choose the way you want to use it.
Benefits of Spirulina:
- Reduces dark circles
- Fights inflammation
- Detoxes the body
- Fights acne with its antibacterial properties
- Anti-aging effects
- Helps the skin retain moisture
- Encourages cell turnover
October 9, 2017
Snake Venom Beauty Product:
I know this sounds a little odd, but our favorite celebrity, Gwyneth Paltrow is quite the daring diva who applies snake venom for her skin nourishment. Scientists have found a way to convert the deadly venom into a friendly product which acts like a Botox and stuns the muscle. It seems Gwyneth is a fan of this treatment.
Even my eyes opened wide when I saw this process for rejuvenating the skin cells. Kim Kardashian posted a picture with her face covered in blood that went viral on the internet. Questions were raised. The weirdness of this treatment lies in the fact that infusing blood in the face soars up the platelets count which in turn reduces wrinkles. Substantial trials haven’t yet been done for this so-called Vampire Facial, but our role models leave no stone unturned in age reversal.
Skin care products with Earthworm poop:
As the list goes down, it becomes even more disgusting. There are certain skin care products which contain earthworm poop which is seen as an essential element by skin care manufacturers. The excreted material contains Collagen which helps the skin to remain tight and supple.
Another facial treatment that has poop.This time, it’s not of an earthworm but of a bird – Nightingale. The excreted material is mixed with other stuff like bran and then the combined mixture is applied on the face. Geisha Facial method originated in Japan, but famous star Victoria Beckham regularly uses this product for her skin.
Popular Hollywood star Demi Moore is known to use Snail Facial for her skin. Snails excrete slime which contains antioxidant ingredients. It fights aging and keeps the skin smooth and wrinkle-free.
September 25, 2017
Often we see people with light and dark skin patches yet we know nothing of it. Albinism is genetically inherited skin abnormality which is caused due to the body’s inability to produce melanin- a substance needed for pigmentation.
Not only skin, but the hairs also lose its color due to this skin disorder. It is also associated with vision problems. According to the National Organization for Albinism and Hypopigmentation, about 1 in 18,000 to 20,000 people in the United States suffer from albinism.
It broke my heart when I read online that people with Albinism in Africa are hunted down for their body parts. They are forced to live in exile. Due to false superstitions, they are dragged out of their houses and killed. Toddlers are snatched from impoverished single mothers or while walking to school.
As I dug deeper, I found even worse information about the superstitions. People in Tanzania kill even their loved ones with albinism and sell their parts. People pay $3,000-$4,000 for a limb or $75,000-£50,000 for the full body as they believe that their body parts will bring luck and more wealth.
While some see this as a very absurd and disturbing disorder, one girl from Denver became an internet sensation when her mother shared her pictures online. Louise Mcmorris’s video became viral when she was just 6 months old and people from all over the world embraced her as a special child.
She was born with no pigmentation and had a very poor sight.
This is Louise Mcmorris at 3 and she looks stunning.
I can't believe in one week my precious daughter will be starting preschool. Yes, it's just preschool, but it's like the "beginning of the end"… you moms know what I'm referring to, right?! She's been by my side (literally🙄) since she was born. Will be an adjustment but one that we're both ready for. I think😥 #mommasgirl . . . . #albinismisbeautiful #albinismawareness #albinism #albino #kids #kidsootd #kidsfashion #kidsofinstagram #model #momlife #modelkids #mommyandme #cute #sun #sad #tearjerker #school #preschool #biggirl #proud #pretty #precious
September 18, 2017
Have you ever watched the rising sun or gazed it transcending into the darkness? I guess most of you do this every day in your life. But Riley McCoy isn’t allowed, not at least without any protection sheets!
Riley McCoy aged 17 waits all day to enjoy her time out of the window glasses because of a rare inherited disorder which is known as Xeroderma Pigmentosum. In this peculiar disease, any exposure to UV rays causes a blistering burn, potential malignant cancer, internal organ damage and eventually death. Cyclobutane dimmers and 6-4 photoproducts are the causal factors for the above-listed problems. As her DNA lacks the antigen to repair the skin damages, she becomes a prey for the rays.
So, what is Xeroderma pigmentosum?
- Xeroderma pigmentosum (XP) is a rare form of disease in which the individual falls prey to Ultraviolet rays from the sun due to the inability to repair the damaged skin.
- Any slight exposure to sunlight is forbidden.
- If the person has to move out of the house, he/she has to wear protective sheets in order to cover up the naked parts.
- Individuals with this disease are often colloquially referred as “Moon child“.
- Corneal ulcerations, dry skin, spider veins, solar keratoses are some of the symptoms indicating the absence of immunity level.
Facts about Xeroderma pigmentosum:
- In general, 1 in 250,000 people get affected by XP.
- The gene frequency for XP is 1:200.
- This genetic disorder is more common in the Middle East and Japan.
- Till now, no cure or medications are available to fight this disorder. The standard treatment protocol includes avoiding sun exposure and protection sheets if it’s necessary to go out.
- Every 3 months, the patient has to visit the dermatologist and to have eye checkup.
September 11, 2017
Man or woman, skin care is important for both. Even though signs of aging appear later in men as compared to women because of more collagen and elastin, it doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t care for what is coming.
Skin care isn’t really a new concept for men. For ages, they are using shaving creams, gels, after-shave lotion and also sunscreen creams.
Why men need skin care tips?
- According to a research done in 2012, women are more attracted to men with healthy skin color than those with the masculine face.
- The risk of having advanced melanoma is more in men because they don’t heed to skin care needs.
- According to studies, handsome men earn 5 percent more than their less-attractive counterpart.
- Pollution, dirt, wind damage and UV rays cause same effects and give rise to pigmentation and skin wrinkles.
So, how can you take care of your skin?
- Skin Type: The first of every skin care routine is to know your skin type because only this will guide you in choosing the products.
- Choose your products wisely: While picking up the lot, keep in mind your skin care needs. As different products are available for men and women, so heed to the details and procedure.
- Follow a cleansing routine: Wash your face with appropriate face wash gels twice a day as it helps you to get rid of oily stuffs and open your pores.
- Exfoliation: Dirt and oily stuffs are one among few causes of blackheads or whiteheads. Doing this will aids skin to remove layers of dead skin.
There’re countless methods and the stores are also filled with different products. Unfortunately, the cost is high and bottles are tiny, so the best way is to use natural remedies.
September 4, 2017
What is skin cancer?
The development of abnormal cells on the skin prompts skin cancer. It happens when unrepaired DNA leads to mutation or genetic deformities. It results due to prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays or artificial tanning gadgets.
Three types of skin cancer:
- Basal- cell carcinoma or BCC: The most common type of skin cancer which occurs as a sore and then causes bleeding.
- Squamous cell skin cancer: A skin cancer type which appears as fish scales under the microscope. It usually appears as a hard lump with a scaly top but can also form an ulcer.
- Melanoma: Among the three, comes Melanoma a.k.a malignant melanoma. The primary cause is linked with (UV) exposure in those with low levels of skin pigment.
Some facts about skin cancer:
- Currently, 132,000 melanoma skin cancer and within 2-3 million non-melanoma skin cancers occur worldwide each year.
- One in every three cancers diagnosed is a skin cancer. According to the data by Skin Cancer Foundation Statistics, one in every five Americans develops skin cancer in their lifetime.
- One person dies of melanoma every hour.
- An estimated 9,730 people will die of melanoma in 2017.
- On average, a person’s risk for melanoma doubles if he/she suffers from more than five sunburns.
- Ultraviolet (UV) radiation is a proven human carcinogen.
- Countries like Brazil and Australia have banned indoor tanning salons.
- As a matter of fact, lung cancer due to smoking happens less compared to skin cancer because of tanning.
Skin cancer is easy to treat if the symptoms are recognized soon. If you have sore or lump or broken skin (ulcer) which exceeds more than four weeks, you mustn’t procrastinate and seek medical help immediately.
Remember, lives lost can’t be replaced. So, I won’t recommend extensive use of artificial tanning gadgets because when someone suffers, it’s not only the patient but the entire family has to deal with the pain and trauma.
August 28, 2017
Rashes also described as a skin irritation or itching with red marks to allergic reactions by any virus or bacteria, food or metal is the most common yet allergic disease. This phenomenon is not only to children but also happens to adults.
In general, these rashes don’t indicate any severe medical condition but if left unchecked for a longer time, it’d be a reason for dry skin, swelling, itching, and pain.
If the rash is accompanied by any other health issues, then the most appropriate solution is to visit the nearest clinic or health care center.
What causes Rash?
- Scabies: A contagious skin infection caused by a mite known as Sarcoptes Scabiei can lead to the formation of sores, blisters, scabs. Formerly known as seven-year itch, the mites burrow and lay eggs in the skin pores which can be seen with the naked eyes.
- Head lice: Another reason associated with rashes can be head lice which lay eggs attached to the hairline and prefer the warmth of scalp. Body and pubic lice also exists and accounts for rashes but compared to the former, the latter is seen rarely.
- Fungal rashes: Caused by fungi: tinea and candida. Tinea, commonly known as ringworm can be found on the face, scalp, nails or body. Candida can occur as oral thrush, as a white coating on the tongue or mouth mucosa in babies or leads to cracked skin between toes or nail discoloration.
- Warts: A skin disease which usually appears on fingers, hands or toes can also be a reason of rash. Though they disappear on their own, but its other types need medical care. Painful but not contagious, they have a hard, rough surface and reasons like low immune system could account for such infection.
- Molluscum Contagiosum: Another common childhood rash is caused by a virus with each bump having a dent in the center. Though it doesn’t result in any harm, a child may scratch and infect his/her skin as it tends to be itchy.
Treatments for rashes depend upon the causal factors. Some of them disappear on their own, while some can be cured with ointments. However, seek medical advice.
July 12, 2017
A newborn baby skin is DIFFERENT from adult skin.
The differences are newborns have a thinner outer layer (aka epidermis) of skin than adults. A thinner outer layer of skin means increased the risk to irritation.
Be cautious of using too much soap and fragranced products for this reason. Secondly, baby skin has higher water content than adult skin. Thus, baby skin has quicker absorption as well as quicker water loss. Because of these differences, your baby needs a special daily skin care routine.
Baby Skin Care Basic
- A massage is an important one-on-one time. Research shows that a baby’s very survival depends on being touched by others – as touch triggers hormones, boosts immunity, and helps fight disease. Also, massaged babies are calmer, sleep better, and cry less — every parent’s dream!
- There’s no special technique for massage. Lay the baby on a soft blanket or fabric massage the baby’s chest and tummy with a warm baby oil or lotion and make eye contact and talk to the baby.
Following a regular bath calms a baby and also washes away oils and excess dry skin which is not good for the baby.
- Using warm water in most areas is more than sufficient. Save your fragrance-free, ph-balanced soap for the areas that need it, like baby bottoms and chubby folds of skin.
- Moisturisers replenishes what your baby’s skin loses and gives your child a protective barrier.
- Ensure that you moisturiser your baby within 2- 3 minutes after bathing.
- When choosing the moisturiser it is preferable to use a fragrance free, hypoallergenic, preservative free moisturiser as your baby’s skin will be very sensitive.
- Most often, diaper rash is caused by the irritating wetness of a soiled diaper.
- The rash can also develop when baby’s skin is not properly dried after a bath.
- Sometimes, a bacteria or yeast infection will cause diaper rash.
- Babies taking antibiotics are especially vulnerable to a yeast infection diaper rash because the drugs allow fungal growth.
- Check diapers frequently and change every 3 hours
- Wash the diaper area with mild fragrance-free cleanser or plain water.
- Use a soft, baby wipes preferably perfume or alcohol free wipes
- Pat baby dry. Don’t rub. Let the diaper area air-dry fully before putting on a fresh diaper.
- Apply a thick layer of diaper creams containing zinc oxide before every diaper change
See your pediatrician if the rash doesn’t clear up in two to three days. If the rash is caused by eczema, a bacterial or yeast infection, or other condition, you may need a prescription treatment.
Facemasks were a defining beauty product for 2016, whether as panda-faced sheets or colorful L’Oreal Paris clays and the experts predict that their success will continue long into next year.
There was a smattering of probiotic-based skincare launches this year and, with more research suggesting that bacteria – including lactobacillus and bifid bacterium – are beneficial to the skin, you can expect this genre to grow. ‘Brands already have us rethinking traditional cleansing and skincare regimes and we expect this category to snowball in 2017 as product innovation continues,’ says Chrissy Hilton-Gee, senior beauty researcher at trendstop.com.
Given how concerned we are about what we are putting into our bodies, it was only a matter of time before the beauty industry started to align our bathroom cabinets with those in our kitchens. Expect to see skin care ingredients including algae, moringa, and kale.
Popular celebrities are those people who get noticed every day by thousands of eyes and there is a vast majority of people wondering how they have such beautiful and flawless skin and complexion even at this age. Even Though a large part of their beauty on screen are the work of the camera and the highly talented makeup artists, some of them manage to stay the same even off screen or at casual events.
So, here are some of the beauty secrets and the skin care routines followed by 5 popular Bollywood actresses as said by them on several occasions and of course you know it works because we obviously have proof.
Deepika uses Coconut Oil:
Deepika Padukone, the stunning and talented actress of Bollywood admires everyone by her looks. According to her, home based remedies are better and healthy and she prefers to keep her skin glowing the natural way.
Deepika uses Coconut oil and baby oil to massage her face regularly to keep it shining and healthy. She also recommends drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day and her diet is rich in carbs and proteins which help her to stay healthy and fresh.
Aishwarya’s beauty secret is cucumber:
When it comes to beauty and looks, no one can be a better example than Aishwarya Rai. Well, for one thing, she was awarded the Miss World title and was a heartthrob for many people for over a decade.
Even now, after being a mother to a child, Aishwarya has never failed to maintain her beauty and stay young. Thanks to cucumber juice which she uses to soothe her skin occasionally. Aishwarya also follows a routine of drinking a glass of warm water along with honey and lemon every day and she uses yogurt to keep her skin moisturized.
Anushka Sharma believes in Neem:
Anushka Sharma, the latest sensation and the talk of her town for her gorgeous looks owes her beauty to Neem leaves and crushed Neem powder which she uses to detoxify her face. Since Neem is considered both religious and also has medicinal property it will help you to stay healthy and beautiful just like Anushka.
She also uses Neem face packs which are apparently a mixture of Neem leaves, yogurt, rose water and milk to keep her skin from becoming dry and to stay beautiful both on and off the screen and even sometimes in the seating areas of popular cricket stadiums.
Sonakshi Applies Ice:
Sonakshi Sinha, the cute and bubbly actress of Bollywood has a unique way of keeping her skin clean and fresh. No, it is not a medical or skin care product like you think and no she does not eat any vegetable or fruits specifically for it.
What she does is rather simple and effective and it can be done at the comfort of your home and it is also fun. She evidently uses cold ice straight from her freezer to rub them on her face to cool her skin and to keep it moisturized and to keep her pores tight.
Katrina plays with clay:
Katrina Kaif is one of the most beautiful women from Bollywood who believes of inner beauty rather than outer beauty. She follows a routine of applying mineral clay pack on her face and skin. This helps her in getting rid of excess oil from the skin and to keep away from pimples and blemishes at their early stages.
She also prefers to drink green tea instead of normal tea to enhance her beauty and keep her skin fresh. Her diet is also heavily influenced by green vegetables which she insists on boiling with hot water and wheatgrass to enhance her nutrition.